Sidor

20110315

The frugal saver

I have been thinking about the entropy of sound. How it fades away. And how you can repeat something said, but it is not the same. And I am comparing recorded sound to the written word. That you can listen to it again, as you can read the same sentence over and over. Even if you can listen to it again, I think it is entropic, how it resolves it self into nothing.

Maybe it is the saver in me that likes to record and write things down. But on the other hand I am very frugal about what deserves to be written down or recorded. But I am working on it (right now, as I write).

I do not know if there is a point of comparing the two. Why should they be dichotomies? It is funny how we seem to compare things, without reflecting of the nessecity of comparing them, or even questioning that those two things should even be compared. And that it is always two things up for comparison.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting thoughts you come by in your process.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Emma! nice to see you in work. Harri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it SOUNDS interesting. I am also thinking that the juxtapositioning doesn´t have to be a dialectical perspective.

    ReplyDelete